Bed Bug Control
REFER A FRIEND$50 OFF
Bed Bug Exterminator in Sacramento
Need Help With Bed Bugs? Call Our Sacramento Exterminators
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on human blood. Due to their flat, oval-shaped bodies, bed bugs can easily hide undetected when they are inactive. Unfortunately, this means that it can be difficult to diagnose a bed bug population until an infestation exists. If you believe you have a pest problem, contact a bed bug exterminator in Sacramento to help you. We serve El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Solano County, and Yolo County too. Take a look at what our customers have to say about us, and see why we are the most trusted bed bug exterminators in all of Sacramento.
What Are Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation?
Bed bugs get their name because they generally hide in bed frames, box springs, headboards, and mattresses. However, bed bugs do not always stay confined to one area. They may also hide underneath wallpaper, cracks, and crevices in walls, upholstered furniture, floors, and other clutter.
How to Detect Bed Bug Bites
It is difficult to distinguish bed bug bites from other insect bites. Bed bug bites can easily be mistaken as chigger, flea, spider, or even mosquito bites. Even so, bed bugs generally bite exposed skin, such as arms or legs, while you are sleeping. Though not always, bed bugs may bite in a line pattern.
Keep in mind that people react to bed bug bites in different ways. Some people may develop itchy, red bumps, or even a rash, while other people do not have a reaction to bed bug bites at all, making them easily undetectable. Therefore, bed bug bites are not a reliable way to diagnose a bed bug infestation.
Check for Bed Bugs
Use a flashlight or a magnifying glass to check the seams and tag of your mattress for live bed bugs and eggs. Other signs to look for include:
- Blood stains on your mattress or sheets. These stains will be very small and may be a rusty brown color. They occur from bed bugs being crushed.
- Dark stains on your mattress or sheets. These stains are from bed bug excrement. They may be streaky and dark.
- Exoskeletons. Bed bugs shed their skin more than once during their life cycle. You may find their exoskeletons in the crevices of your mattress.
Other Signs Of Bed Bugs
There are a couple of other signs to look out for that indicate that you have a bed bug infestation in your home.
These other signs of a bed bug infestation include the following:
- A musty odor in your bedrooms
- You or a family member wake up with itchy red spots
- Dark spots on your walls
- Cracking or peeling wallpaper
- A collection of bed bug shells
- Small white spots along cracks or joints in your furniture
- You are using a second-hand mattress
If you notice any signs of bed bugs in your home, it is important to consult professional help as soon as possible. Getting rid of bed bugs is not a DIY task, and needs an exterminator who has the skills and experience necessary to correctly identify and eliminate bed bugs from your home once and for all. Contact us to schedule an appointment, or to learn more about our pest control services and about what we can do to make your home a better and more comfortable place for you.
How to Get Rid of a Bed Bug Infestation
Unfortunately, bed bugs are very difficult to exterminate. This is more true if you live in an apartment complex or building, where the turnover rate of tenants is high and you cannot control whether every tenant participates.
Why Are Bed Bugs So Hard to Get Rid Of?
Bed bugs are difficult to exterminate because of various factors, including:
- They reproduce quickly. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), females can lay multiple eggs each day and up to 500 eggs per lifetime.
- They have flat, oval-shaped bodies. Due to their small size and shape, bed bugs can easily fit into small cracks and crevices. Unfortunately, this means that it can be difficult to diagnose a bed bug population until an infestation exists.
- They can live a long time without feeding. It is also important to note that bed bugs can live weeks without feeding. According to the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, bed bugs can live 20 to 400 days without feeding, depending on temperature and humidity.
How to Control Bed Bugs
Getting rid of bed bugs requires the help of a professional bed bug exterminator. Generally, an Integrated Pest Management program is needed to completely exterminate a bed bug infestation. Our professional Sacramento exterminators can monitor and diagnose your pest problem. Then, we can use a variety of methods to treat your problem.
However, homeowners, property owners, or apartment tenants can play an important role in controlling a bed bug population. Some tips to control bed bugs include:
- Clean up clutter. Take away as many hiding spots as possible by removing excess items from the infested room. Note that bed bugs could hide on these items, so it is important to bag these items in plastic bags.
- Cover your mattress. Using bed bug covers on your mattress and box spring makes it harder for bed bugs to hide. If you already have bed bugs on your mattress, an encasement can trap them.
- Wash bedding and other linens. Bed bugs and their eggs can hide in bedding, clothing, drapes, and other linens. Launder and dry all linens at high temperatures.
- Seal cracks and crevices. You should seal as many cracks as you can. If you have wallpaper peeling up, glue it down or discard it to reduce hiding places.
- Vacuum. Vacuuming can help control your bed bug population. Vacuum carpet, floors, furniture, and all cracks and crevices around the infested area. After vacuuming, always remove and dispose of the bag.
Get Started Today. Request a FREE quote From Our Pest Control Experts
We can help diagnose your pest problem and provide you with a free quote.
Our Customers Think We’re Pretty Fly
Join the Pest-Free Crowd
Get Rid of Your Problem Now!
Trained & Licensed Professionals
Unlike other companies, when you call Jones Bros. Pest Control, you will speak directly with one of our team experts and not with an outsourced call center.
Affordable & Flexible Payment Plans
Dealing with pests can be annoying and frustrating. Our team works to make the situation less stressful by making our services both affordable and convenient. With 35 years of experience, we have the tools to get the job done right.
99% Success Rate & No Hidden Charges
Our dedicated and experienced team prides itself on always getting the job done, and with a 99% success rate, we have the history to prove it. When you hire our team, you can rest assured that we will send your pests packing!