REFER A FRIEND$50 OFF
Flea Exterminators in Sacramento
Call Us for Flea Control and Removal Services
There are millions of pet owners in Sacramento and across California. Although dogs and cats are wonderful companions, they can also attract blood-sucking insects such as fleas. If you have a flea infestation, it should be taken seriously. Our flea exterminators in Sacramento can help.
Adult fleas can mate on pets and then multiply throughout your household or business. In some cases, bites can lead to severe itching for you, your pets and others. Fleas can even threaten the health of your family, pets and employees. These tiny insects can transmit a number of diseases to humans and pets.
Fortunately, there are pest control methods that can help remove an infestation before it becomes hazardous. Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. has helped Sacramento residents and businesses remove infestations for more than 40 years.
Our team of Sacramento pest control experts have a 99% success rate for treating infestations. We can help you treat a flea infestation so it does not pose a health risk to you, your family, your pets or your employees.
What Causes a Flea Infestation?
Fleas are very small, blood-sucking insects that can hide within the fur of common household pets like cats and dogs or rodents.
According to the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources (UCANR), female fleas may lay 20 to 50 eggs per day. At normal room temperatures, the entire flea life cycle can occur within about 18 days.
Considering the average lifespan of a flea is 30 to 90 days, and they can lay 20 to 50 eggs per day, this means that even a few fleas can lead to a major infestation in a short period of time.
Diseases Spread by Fleas
After biting infected rodents or other infected animals, fleas can carry and transmit a number of diseases to humans and pets. For this reason, you should treat a flea infestation as a health risk that cannot be ignored. Some diseases include:
- Bubonic plague. The plague can be transmitted to humans or common household pets through the bite of an infected flea. Symptoms can include fever, exhaustion and swollen lymph nodes. If not treated early, the plague can lead to serious illness or death.
- Typhus. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), in California, flea-borne typhus is considered always present in Los Angeles and Orange County. Similarly to bubonic plague, typhus can spread to humans and pets indirectly through fleas infected by rodents or other stray animals. Typhus can cause aching, fever and vomiting.
Signs of a Flea Infestation
There are a couple of warning signs that suggest you may have a flea infestation in your home or business. Signs of a flea infestation may include:
- Seeing fleas. Fleas can jump incredibly high given their small size. You may notice fleas jumping on furniture or drapery. Fleas may also jump around on the carpet, especially near your pet.
- Excessive itching. If you notice your pet is scratching or licking itself excessively, it could be a warning sign of a flea infestation. You should consider taking your pet to a veterinarian if you notice that it is excessively itching itself. Some dogs and cats have an allergic reaction to fleas that can be triggered by a single bite.
- Dots on your pet’s fur. You may be able to spot fleas on your pet’s fur. Fleas appear as dot-like insects, and they may leave behind red marks that are visible through the fur.
- Flea bites. Fleas also bite humans. You may notice excessive itchiness and bites on your skin that appear as red dots.
You should never wait to speak to a pest control company if you believe your residence or business is affected by a flea infestation. Once fleas enter your home or business, they can significantly multiply in a very short period of time.
Treating Flea Infestations
You can prevent flea infestations from getting worse by vacuuming carpets, floors, bedding and furniture, and treating affected pets with certain ointments. After vacuuming, you should discard the vacuum bags away from your home in a trash can. You can also throw your bedding, clothing and other affected fabrics in the laundry with hot and soapy water.
However, these treatments may not be enough to permanently get rid of an infestation. If an infestation has already grown out of control, then you should contact our pest control company for assistance. We have a 99% success rate for helping Sacramento businesses and residents remove infestations.
About Our Flea Exterminators in Sacramento
Is your home or business facing a flea infestation? We are here to help. You can reach the Sacramento flea exterminators at Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. by dialing or by using our online contact form.
Our Customers Think We’re Pretty Fly
Join the Pest-Free Crowd
Get Rid of Your Problem Now!
Trained & Licensed Professionals
Unlike other companies, when you call Jones Bros. Pest Control, you will speak directly with one of our team experts and not with an outsourced call center.
Affordable & Flexible Payment Plans
Dealing with pests can be annoying and frustrating. Our team works to make the situation less stressful by making our services both affordable and convenient. With 35 years of experience, we have the tools to get the job done right.
99% Success Rate & No Hidden Charges
Our dedicated and experienced team prides itself on always getting the job done, and with a 99% success rate, we have the history to prove it. When you hire our team, you can rest assured that we will send your pests packing!