REFER A FRIEND$50 OFF
Rodent Control in Sacramento
We Provide Rat Removal and Extermination ServicesIn recent years, California has seen an increase in rat and mice infestations. If you believe you have a rodent problem, you should have your property inspected by a professional right away. At Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. our experts offer pest control for rats and mice in the Sacramento Metro area. For more than 40 years, our team has been committed to providing quality pest control services to our community.
Rat Exterminator Sacramento: How We Can HelpIf you have a rodent problem, time is of the essence. When you call Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc., a rat exterminator with our company will follow our step-by-step process to figure out where the rodents are living and how they are getting into your home. One of the first steps to controlling a rodent infestation is to prevent more rodents from entering your home. We can help you work toward protecting your home from reentry. Once we know the severity of your rodent problem, we can schedule regular visits to remove rats or mice from your property and treat for pests. We offer monthly and bi-monthly services to ensure that your home is rodent-free. Getting started is easy. Call our office or message us online to speak with an expert and we can help you do the following:
- Assess the Rodent Problem with a Phone Call Diagnosis. Our experts are available to speak with you over the phone. We can assess your situation over the phone and if appropriate to your situation, we’ll provide a price quote for your first-time service.
- Take Action With Immediate Treatment. During the appointment, a technician will perform a thorough inspection, show you how your pests are getting in, and explain to you the best way to treat the cause of your pest problems. With your permission, our expert can perform your integrated pest management on the day of inspection.
- Complete Prevention and Follow Up Rodent Control Services. In the state of California, in order to fully remove a rodent pest problem, ongoing services are needed. Our team is able and available to help keep your property free of rodents long term.
Common Signs of Mice InfestationYou may have rodents in your home if you find any of the following signs:
- Rodent droppings or urine stains
- Sounds in the attic, basement, walls, or across your floor
- Grease marks on baseboards or walls from rat or mice fur
- Chewed or damaged food packaging
- Musky, stale odor
- Nests near wood, trash, compost or mulch piles
- Holes, cracks or gaps in the property foundation or roof
- Burrowing near the property foundation
The Importance of Rodent ControlBoth rats and mice are avid breeders, so an infestation can get out of hand without a homeowner knowing. Once you know or suspect that you have rodents in your home, you should contact a professional pest control company to help. Unfortunately, sharing your home with rodents is a problem for multiple reasons: they are known to carry diseases and they can cause serious damage to your property.
Rat Infestation Health RisksAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), rodents spread more than 40 diseases worldwide. Rodents can spread diseases to humans through handling, direct contact with feces or urine and scratch or bite wounds. Rodents can also spread diseases through infected fleas or ticks that have fed on them. In California, it is rare to acquire a disease or infection from a rodent. However, the risks are present. Our Sacramento rat control company recommends that homeowners do not try to get rid of rats or mice alone. Coming into direct or indirect contact with rodents could cause:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). HPS is a lung disease that can be transmitted through direct contact with rodent feces or urine, breathing in dust that has been contaminated by rodent feces or urine, or through a direct bite wound. Though rare, HPS can be a serious or fatal condition.
- Plague. The plague can be transmitted through close contact with an infected rodent or through indirect contact with an infected flea or tick. Symptoms include fever and swollen lymph nodes. Though the plague can be treated with antibiotics, it can still be dangerous for individuals who are immunocompromised.
- Leptospirosis. Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection that can be transmitted to humans through direct contact or ingestion of rodent urine. The infection can cause a variety of symptoms including fever, red eyes and chills. It can be treated with antibiotics.
Eating Food Contaminated by MiceAlong with warm shelter, the search for food and water is one of the main reasons rats or mice will enter your home. Unfortunately, when foraging for food in your home, fecal matter can contaminate your food or your pet’s food and leave you or your pet at risk for becoming sick:
- Salmonellosis. If rodents get into your food, you and your family could be at risk for Salmonellosis, or salmonella. Salmonellosis is a gastrointestinal infection caused by consuming food contaminated by animal feces. Symptoms include diarrhea, severe cramps and fever.
- Rat-bite fever. Rat-bite fever is a disease that can cause joint pain, fever and rash. It can be treated with antibiotics. Though rat-bite fever can be transmitted through a direct rat scratch or bite, it can also be transmitted through the ingestion of food or water that has been contaminated by rat droppings.
Rodent DamageIn addition to health risks, rodents can be a serious threat to your home’s structural integrity. Rodents like warm, secluded areas to build their nests. Rats and mice can chew through wood, brick and even soft concrete. Any gaps or holes in your property’s foundation or roof could be an entry point for unwelcome rodents. If rodents find a consistent food source, they may decide to build their nests or burrows in your home. Rodents will gather many types of materials to build their nests. After gaining entry into your home, everything from cardboard boxes to your favorite shirt become potential building materials:
- Insulation. Some rodents will burrow or nest inside insulation. Other rodents will use it as a soft material for their nest.
- Electrical wires. Rodents may chew through the protective covering of electrical wires when searching for nest materials or when burrowing in walls or appliances. If electrical wires become unprotected, they present a fire hazard. If rodents chew through your electrical wires, it could cause power outages or other electrical issues.
- PVC pipes. Rodents can chew through PVC pipes looking for water or when burrowing. If your PVC pipes become compromised, your property could be at risk for water damage.
- Furniture and your personal belongings. Rodents will nest in furniture or use its fabric as a material for their nest. Rodents will also use clothing, cardboard and papers as nesting materials.
Call the Team at Jones Bros for Quality and Affordable Rodent Control Services in Sacramento
At Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc., we know that there are several choices when it comes to choosing an extermination service. Our company wants to be the first and only call you make. However, we understand the need to feel confident in your choice of pest control services. To learn more about what it is like to work with our experienced team, check out our reviews!
Our Customers Think We’re Pretty Fly
Join the Pest-Free Crowd
Get Your Free Quote Today
Trained & Licensed Professionals
Unlike other companies, when you call Jones Bros. Pest Control, you will speak directly with one of our team experts and not with an outsourced call center.
Affordable & Flexible Payment Plans
Dealing with pests can be annoying and frustrating. Our team works to make the situation less stressful by making our services both affordable and convenient. With 35 years of experience, we have the tools to get the job done right.
99% Success Rate & No Hidden Charges
Our dedicated and experienced team prides itself on always getting the job done, and with a 99% success rate, we have the history to prove it. When you hire our team, you can rest assured that we will send your pests packing!