Sacramento Stinging Pest Control
We Provide Services to Control Stinging Pest Problems
Stinging insects in Sacramento come in many forms. While they all have stinging in common, these insects’ behaviors may vary. Some live solitary lifestyles, and others live in colonies. However, each will sting when they feel their hive or life is threatened. Often, this can mean trouble for us.
Stings are relatively minor pains for many people. Some people suffer allergic reactions to stings. An allergic reaction can cause many problems, like swelling, nausea and anaphylaxis in extreme cases. Unfortunately, having a colony of stinging pests near your property can increase your chances of getting stung.
Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. provides the pest control services Sacramento needs to keep these colonies at bay. We can help identify dangerous hives and plan a method of control and removal.
Types of Stinging Pests
There are many types of stinging insects in California. A couple of common outdoor pests include:
- Paper wasps. These wasps are brown with yellow markings and are typically 16 to 20 millimeters long. Paper wasps make their hives out of a paper-like material, which can be found in residential cracks, crevices and yards.
- Yellow jackets. These insects have black and yellow stripes. They vary in length between 10 and 16 millimeters. Yellow jackets can be very aggressive. For example, they will first bite and sting their perceived attackers. They often make their hives in woodpiles, attics and the external nooks of houses.
How to Get Rid of Wasps and Bees
A telltale sign of an infestation is an increase in the number of stinging pest sightings near your property. This may warrant a call to your local pest control company.
If you located a nest or hive on your property, we recommend that you hire a professional pest control exterminator to remove it. Safely removing a hive is difficult. Provoking a colony can be life-threatening, especially if allergies exist. At Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc., our professionals can safely remove a nest from your property.
However, you can help prevent future nesting or infestations on your property:
- Walk your property. It is important to be aware of the conditions of your residential area throughout the year. Keeping an eye out for any potential nesting sites is a good preventative measure.
- Fill in cracks and crevices. You can help to prevent infestations by filling in any external cracks or crevices on your property.
- Remove debris. Clearing out accumulated debris and wood piles will also help deter infestations.
- Remove food sources. Stinging pests like to make their nests near immediate food sources. Keeping outdoor food and drinks covered and in their appropriate places will help keep stinging insects at bay. Keeping waste bins covered and properly sealed will deter these pests from swarming upon leftover food scraps.
In Need of Sacramento Stinging Pest Control?
If you suspect that you have a pest problem, contact Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. We can answer your questions and perform a diagnosis of your issue over the phone. We also offer in-person inspections of your residence to locate any nesting sites. Upon inspection, we can diagnose the problem and offer our best stinging pest control services to solve it.
We provide Sacramento pest control services to the greater Sacramento Metro Area, El Dorado, Placer, Yolo, Solano and San Joaquin counties.
“They are very professional and easy to work with. Customer service is of a high standard that is hard to find these days. They do actually care about your property and take pride in their work.”Dawn & Allan B.
“We have known them for four years, and they do a good job. They are reliable. We don’t have to think about it; it just happens. They are a family-owned business, and they are honest.”Jon P.
“They were available to do a one-time interior and exterior service. They had a 30-day guarantee that they would come out if there were any other problems. I thought the price was good.”Connie S.
“Cliff is our service technician. He is absolutely the best we have ever had. He knows the business, easy to understand, and an added benefit is he knows and understands dogs (even Chow Chow).”Dana E.
“Tyler was the service technician, he was punctual, courteous, and professional. He listened to and addressed all questions and concerns we had. His work was perfect! And the prices were very reasonable.”Ric L.