Sacramento Spider Pest Control Services
We Handle Spider Pest Control in Sacramento
Spiders are a common pest in Northern California and across the country. Some species can be hazardous due to venomous bites. Black widows and brown widows are common in California, including the Sacramento area. These spiders may be found in and around properties, such as in brush piles, gardens, and in bedding or clothing. The venomous bite produced by a black widow can lead to painful and sometimes serious symptoms.
Fortunately, we are more of a threat to spiders than they are to us. Bites can only happen when people get within proximity of a spider, such as by putting on clothing with a spider attached.
In addition to physiological harm, spider infestations can also result in psychological turmoil for residents and businesses. Fear of spiders, or arachnophobia, may even be hard-wired into our brains at birth. For business owners, spider webs look unattractive and can make a property look like it is not well-maintained.
Fortunately, you can rely on Jones Bros. Pest Control, Inc to help you deal with a spider infestation. We can help locate an infestation and develop a treatment strategy that works. You can reach out to us to learn more about our Sacramento spider pest control services.
Types of Spiders in Sacramento
Northern California is home to many different spider species, some of which are dangerous due to their venomous bites. Spiders in the Sacramento area include but are not limited to:
- Black widows. The black widow (Latrodectus hesperus) has a venomous bite that, while rarely fatal, can lead to painful symptoms. Some people may react to bites differently than others. Children and the elderly are most at risk from a black widow’s venomous bite. Black widows appear where there is an ample food supply and may build their webs near ground level. You may find these spiders in garages, storage sheds, closets and piles of wood.
- Brown widows. Also known as the “grey widow”, the brown widow (Latrodectus hesperus, L. mactans) is thought to have been brought to California from tropical regions in the world. These spiders are shaped like the black widow but are much lighter. Brown widows choose secluded spots to catch prey, but may be found in mailboxes, garages and empty containers. Like the black widow, the brown widow also has a venomous bite.
- Wolf spiders. These scary-looking spiders generally hunt at ground level during the night. Wolf spiders are light grey and may resemble a smaller version of the tarantula. Due to their appearance, these unwelcome guests can make life unpleasant for businesses and residents alike.
- Orb weaver spiders. You are most likely to run into an orb weaver spider while gardening. These spiders have large sacs and spin unmistakable hexagonal webs.
- Cellar spiders. These brown or pale-yellow spiders may be found among clutter in dark, undisturbed areas, such as the corner of a garage or basement. You can recognize them due to their long, spindly legs. Cellar spiders can produce three egg sacks that may contain up to 60 spiders each.
Signs of a Spider Infestation
Webs are a common warning sign you will notice if you have a spider infestation. However, spiders spin webs based on which species they belong to. For instance, the cellar spider does not spin a web that looks anything like what the orb weaver produces. Additional warning signs could include:
- Spider egg sacs. Females produce egg sacs that contain numerous baby spiders. During the autumn months, spiders are more likely to lay egg sacks. Some spider egg sacs can contain up to 100 eggs, meaning the infestation could grow exponentially if it is not resolved quickly.
- Additional spiders. This is an obvious sign of an infestation. You may notice multiple spiders, sometimes more than a dozen, in or around your business or home.
- Lots of outdoor webs. Although spiders can build webs or burrows indoors, they are more likely to build their webs outside. There is more prey outdoors than indoors. You could walk around your property and look for webs if you suspect an infestation.
There are additional signs of an infestation that an exterminator can help identify. You can reach out to Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc if you suspect your home or business has a spider infestation.
Sacramento Spider Pest Control Services
Jones Bros. Pest Control, Inc. can help identify the source of an infestation and remove the spiders from your home or business. Our team of professionals will help you develop a pest control strategy that best suits the needs of your business or residence. We can also help you develop strategies to keep spiders from returning.
Jones Bros. Pest Control, Inc. has helped residents and businesses for more than 35 years. If you have a spider infestation and need assistance, give us a call at (916) 269-0689 or use our online form. We take clients in Sacramento and the surrounding areas.