Sacramento Stinging Pest Control
We Provide Services to Control Stinging Pest Problems
Stinging insects in Sacramento come in many forms. While they all have stinging in common, these insects’ behaviors may vary. Some live solitary lifestyles, and others live in colonies. However, each will sting when they feel their hive or life is threatened. Often, this can mean trouble for us.
Stings are relatively minor pains for many people. Some people suffer allergic reactions to stings. An allergic reaction can cause many problems, like swelling, nausea and anaphylaxis in extreme cases. Unfortunately, having a colony of stinging pests near your property can increase your chances of getting stung.
Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. provides the pest control services Sacramento needs to keep these colonies at bay. We can help identify dangerous hives and plan a method of control and removal.
Types of Stinging Pests
There are many types of stinging insects in California. A couple of common outdoor pests include:
- Paper wasps. These wasps are brown with yellow markings and are typically 16 to 20 millimeters long. Paper wasps make their hives out of a paper-like material, which can be found in residential cracks, crevices and yards.
- Yellow jackets. These insects have black and yellow stripes. They vary in length between 10 and 16 millimeters. They can be very aggressive. They will first bite and sting their perceived attackers. They often make their hives in woodpiles, attics and the external nooks of houses.
How to Get Rid of Wasps and Bees
A telltale sign of an infestation is an increase in the number of stinging pest sightings near your property. This may warrant a call to your local pest control company.
If you located a nest or hive on your property, we recommend that you hire a professional pest control exterminator to remove it. Safely removing a hive is difficult. Provoking a colony can be life-threatening, especially if allergies exist. At Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc., our professionals can safely remove a nest from your property.
However, you can help prevent future nesting or infestations on your property:
- Walk your property. It is important to be aware of the conditions of your residential area throughout the year. Keeping an eye out for any potential nesting sites is a good preventative measure.
- Fill in cracks and crevices. You can help to prevent infestations by filling in any external cracks or crevices on your property.
- Remove debris. Clearing out accumulated debris and wood piles will also help deter infestations.
- Remove food sources. Stinging pests like to make their nests near immediate food sources. Keeping outdoor food and drinks covered and in their appropriate places will help keep stinging insects at bay. Keeping waste bins covered and properly sealed will deter these pests from swarming upon leftover food scraps.
In Need of Sacramento Stinging Pest Control?
If you suspect that you have a pest problem, contact Jones Bros Pest Control, Inc. We can answer your questions and perform a diagnosis of your issue over the phone. We also offer in-person inspections of your residence to locate any nesting sites. Upon inspection, we can diagnose the problem and offer our best stinging pest control services to solve it.
We provide Sacramento pest control services to the greater Sacramento Metro Area, El Dorado, Placer, Yolo, Solano and San Joaquin counties. Call us today at (916) 269-0689. You can also reach out to us online for a free quote.